Since 2002 DTI makes and sells WHICHI® in Argentina and Mercosur (Southern
Common Market), being the pioneering company to introduce a Vapor Controller
(VC) in the Argentinian market. The technology which was used to develop WICHI
has been used in Europe and North America for more than 25 years in building
systems, being some of the referents: Knauf Breathe Line, Corotop and Riwega.
How does WICHI® work?
In a typical house with 4 people between 5000 and 10000 grams of vapor per day are generated because of everyday housework activities like cooking, the bath, and the shower among others.
When dew is produced the accumulated vapor inside the rooms condenses accumulating itself and spoiling roofs, walls and other materials. This favors fungi, mites, mildew, among others to have an optimum place to multiply, being unhealthy for the people living in the house.
WICHI® is a waterproof membrane, a wind barrier and a vapor controller layer (VCL, for the abbreviation in English):
• As a water repellent and wind barrier, it avoids the entrance of water or wind to the house.
• As vapor controller layer, it allows the water vapor generated in the rooms to go out.
Using a vapor controller, the roof system and the walls will be dry, the house will be healthy and the materials will work properly.
Qualities* Water repellent and wind insulator
* Vapor controller
* It protects the environment
* Slip resistant
* Using thermal insulation of 50mm it avoids condensation up to -15°C
* Light and easy to transport